As seen in WGSN- July 29, 2010–I have to add that my youngest daughter snatched a nice saddle shape bag in Amsterdam this summer in a beautiful cognac color, and I have a beautiful vintage Gucci boxy flap over which I’m bringing out of the hiding.
Princess Diana, as seen at www.dailymail.co.uk
As seen at www.hoyfashion.co.uk, May 2010
Key shape confirmations
Below are WGSN original key shape predictions for autumn/winter 2010/11 and spring/summer 2011. The boxy flap-over, the saddle shape and the XL money bag show that this trend will evolve over the next few seasons.
WGSN Key Trends
- Two-tone leather fabrication: contrasting leather trim
- Monogram details: either all-over body fabric or central logo emblem
- Gold hardware: buckles, clasps and closures
- Simple construction: boxy, simple zip or flap-over
- Long cross-body strap: with adjustable buckle strap and additional top handle